Benefits of Reiki
Reiki promotes balancing, cleansing and healing of an individual’s energy by tapping into the universal energy freely available around us. Reiki practitioners learn how to channel this. It helps to promote a positive mind and healthy body so that people can experience joy in life.
The great thing about Reiki is that one does not have to be ill in their bodymind to experience the benefits.
Reiki, however, does not work in isolation and requires the recipient to maintain a healthy lifestyle. The benefits of Reiki are numerous if incorporated correctly:
- It dissolves energy blocks and promotes natural balance between mind, body and spirit
- It increases energy levels
- Assists the body in cleansing itself from toxins
- It improves focus and brings clarity
- It creates deep relaxation and helps the bodymind release stress and tension
- Aids better sleep
- Helps relieve pain
- Accelerates the body’s self-healing ability
- Supports the immune system
- Helps spiritual growth and emotional cleansing
- Promotes creativity and intuition
- Compliments medical treatment.
Preparation for Reiki
- Please digitally sign the Consent Form on WhatsApp or Adobe Acrobat and email/text it back before each session.
- Please fill out the Medical Form and Feedback Form once per series of sessions, digitally sign it and text/email back.
Please prep for the Reiki session with:
- If you’re taking any medications, continue taking them as prescribed. But do mention it on the form.
- Try not to eat or drink anything besides water for at least 30-45 mins prior to the session.
- Wear lose clothes
- Remove all jewellery (but not body piercings)
- If you need to use the restroom during the session, you may do so. But it would be preferable to go before.
- Keep a warm blanket close by in case you feel cold during the session
- Keep a box of tissues ready in case you feel emotional during the session. Please be reassured that it is perfectly normal to feel emotional and that it is part of the purging and cleansing process.
- Lie down facing south if possible or east. Not north.
- Lie down face up, with arms by your side and legs straight with a gap between them, not crossed.
- You can use 2 pillows – one for your head and another for under your knees.
- I will intimate you through text when I begin the session and when I end it.
- Keep your mind open to receiving Reiki. As the session begins, breathe into the space that is about 3 inches below your navel, just above your pelvic bone. Breathe slowly in and out of this space through your nose for a couple of minutes. Don’t force the breath to be deep or long. After that, bring your breath back to normal and breathe normally and gently. Try to feel the stillness of your body.
- During the session, as your thoughts wander, don’t feel guilty or scold yourself. Gently place your thoughts on a cloud, and watch them float by. If they are important, make a mental note to come back to them later. Then bring your attention back to your breath and the sensations in your body. Keep your focus here as much as is possible.
- Also, it’s important that you try not to logic, analyse or think with your conscious mind about what these sensations ‘mean’. This is just energy moving around in your body as needed.
- Try not to set any specific intentions for your bodymind. Just observe the energy movements with abandon or light curiosity but no judgement.
- Reiki works best when we trust the universal energy and don’t try to logic what we need, where, and why.
- After the session, drink a glass of cool water and try not to do any strenuous activity for at least a couple of hours. It is advisable to rest for that day and the next.
During the session you may feel:
- Feeling hot or cold
- Emotional response – crying, shouting, screaming (If so, allow your body to do so. This is all part of the venting and purging process)
- Visions – seeing colours or light
- Stomach rumbling
- Twitching or other involuntary movements
- Falling asleep
- No reaction at all
- If you feel uncomfortable, like shortness of breath or feeling faint, you may get up and mentally intend to end the session yourself.
After the session you may feel:
- Reduced pain spots
- Sleeping better
- Tired but in a good way
- Emotional (if you do, please remember that this is part of the cleansing and purging process. Feel free to contact me if this feels overwhelming).
- If we have done a session focusing on your addictions, you may feel your body naturally rejecting foods, substances or lifestyle choices that no longer serve your highest good.
Please keep in mind that people usually require more than one session to feel cleansed and balanced. For a healthy person, it may take about 3-5 sessions or more. For a person suffering from a disease, chronic illness or heavy stress, depending on the intensity of the condition, it may take longer to work through it.
Do share your thoughts and feelings with me here, or in the Feedback Form post the session. Thanks for taking this journey together with me!
With compassionate regards,
Code of Ethics & Best Practices
- I promise to work with impartiality and respect for all individuals.
- Your privacy and confidentiality are of the highest importance to my practice and will be respected at all times. (Exceptions: in cases of any intent of self-harm or harm to others. I will be obligated by law to report this.)
- Your session and any advice will be provided with the highest standards of professionalism and integrity.
- I promise to be compassionate, supportive and positive to the best of my ability.
- I will never promise you anything I cannot deliver on.
- I will never give you medical advice and you should not seek it from me. Please contact your medical practitioner for the same.
Terms & Conditions
- I will not accept a request to perform a session without explicit consent. The only exceptions are for pets, for patients who are in a coma/ICU, or palliative care and cannot speak for themselves.
- I reserve the right to refuse to perform a session with someone without any specific explanation. (Since this is an energetic practice, if I intuitively feel that one or both of us may not benefit, I will reserve the right to refuse.)
- I reserve the right to record any advice I give you pre- or post the session. (I will never record the actual session, unless requested and complied with explicit consent from all parties).